This is a Multi Platform Image Editing/Enhancement/Retouch Application written in Java offering various filters, effects and transformation with user friendly interface. Offering a phenomenal range of adjustment for most effects, you will find many features not found on expensive commercial editors.
It has been successfully tested in Windows(9x/NT/2000/XP), Linux, solaris,OS/2,Macintosh and IRIX .
With JPhotoBrush you can, among many other things:
* Open JPG,GIF,PNG,BMP, uncompressed TIFF and TGA images.
* Save images in JPG,GIF,BMP,PNG,TIFF,TGA formats.
* Browse thumbnails of images from a directory and zip/jar files
* Correct image brightness, contrast, RGB, Gamma, Invert colors
* Use filters to Sharpen, smoothen, detect edge, emboss or use custom filter.
* Add effects like frosted glass,mosaic,venetian blinds,scramble,camera effects, solarize, wave, spotlight, oil paint, blend/merge images etc.
* select regions as layers which can be moved/dragged/copied/cut/deleted and pasted as new seleciton or image. Image operaitons can be perfomred on selected region rather than on the whole image.
* different types of Fancy Text (rotated, 3D, shadowed etc) which can be dragged/ copied/cut/pasted/deleted.
* Remove noise
* View Histogram and equalize histogram
* transform image - flip, rotate, shear, resize
* draw/fill shapes- rectangle, ellipse, lines, freehand
* warp(deform) image, overlay several images
* zoom in/zoom out, view full screenshot
* See print preview and Print images in multiple pages
* add third party effect plugins and look and feel plugins
* drag and drop support.
Plus lots of features are added in each release.
Requires JDK 1.3 or higher.