AutoShare is the easiest-to-use share investment software for the UK stock market. It is also one of the most powerful. By using its rare backtesting facility, you can see how much profit AutoShare could have made for you historically, giving an immediate demonstration of its worth.
* Stores three years of historical FTSE share price data.
* Quickly lists shares that satisfy your data mining criteria.
* Isolates or excludes penny shares, according to your specified price threshold.
* Shows delisted shares and new issues from the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
* Maintains share portfolios.
* Updates share prices daily at the click of a button.
* Clearly written program help explains all concepts with the novice in mind, but with plenty of detail for the more experienced analyst and investor.
* Enables you to perform backtests, or simulations of trading shares in the past, to see how particular strategies would have fared historically.
AutoShare achieves simplicity by concentrating on the most popular and proven technical analysis techniques. In a recent book, The Encyclopedia of Technical Market Indicators, the authors performed a backtest on more than one hundred indicators for analysing the stock market, including Moving Averages, Bollinger Bands, MACD, and RSI. They found that employing a particular moving average crossover technique that is a speciality of AutoShare, would have outperformed all other indicators when applied to the daily closing prices of the DJIA (the U.S. equivalent of the FTSE 100) over the period 1900 to 2001. It would have produced profits of 78 million percent better than buy-and-hold, turning $100 into $16 billion (assuming zero commission and tax, and full reinvestment of profits, the latter two easily achievable by trading shares through a Self-Select ISA, and not withdrawing profits). Many of the most popular indicators would have produced profits no better, and in some cases much worse, than a buy/hold strat